Paddling by canoe on the Drava
Canoeing on the Drava – THE outdoor adventure on the south side of the Alps.
Nature enjoyment for all age classes. If you follow the Drava, you will come to romantic places of longing, warm swimming lakes and imposing mountains. Between Lienz and Lavamünd, the Drava paddling route offers adventurous stages for canoe, kayak or SUP on more than 210 kilometres. On the way, there is unique vegetation to discover and wonderful views to enjoy. Special moments on the water that are best shared with friends, colleagues or family. Thanks to the pleasant flow speed of the water, no prior skills are required. Thus, even beginners can complete easy trips. The good location of the train stations on the Drava provides for mobility and flexibility.
Combine canoeing and experience more. On the Drava, family and child-friendly canoeing can be combined perfectly with other sports and trip destinations. Drava cycle path, climbing park, hiking routes, mountain biking, canyoning, paragliding, swimming lakes, sights and culinary variety – there are numerous combination options for families, companies, groups and school classes between the Alps and the Adria. Romantic rest areas are not just places for gastronomical breaks, but also for exploring, discovering, learning and understanding. There is something suitable for everyone to have a nice holiday.
From Lienz to Lavamünd – 210 kilometres right through Carinthia by canoe
Information on a canoe tour on the Drava
1. Route & duration
- You can choose from one of our stage suggestions.
- The duration of the tour depends on the chosen stage and your speed; the stages listed are only suggestions.
- Rest areas, boat harbours and inns can be found along the route.
2. Getting there & meeting point
- In the Upper and Lower Drava Valley (Lienz to Villach), we recommend travelling to the embarking point by train (ÖBB). The train stops beside our embarking and disembarking points.
- Otherwise, we can meet at the stipulated end of the stage; you can park your car here. The joint transfer of people / collective transport to the entry point takes place
3. Briefing & safety
- The briefing at the embarking point lasts 5-10 minutes.
- The material (boat, swim vests, paddles, watertight bag and river map) is then issued.
- All participants, without exception, must be able to swim.
4. Issue & return
- The boats are handed out at one of our embarking points.
- At the end of the stage, the boats are safely deposited upside down on the river bank; incidentals stowed underneath.
- The boats and incidentals will be picked up later by our staff.
- The tour ends here. You can travel home in your own car or by train.
Book your outdoor adventure on the Drava
Are you interested in a canoe trip on Carinthia’s most beautiful river? On the Drava paddling route, you will find many experiences on the various stages. We offer courses for beginners and entrants, adventure tours as well as the hire of canoes, kayaks and SUPs for your adventure on the Drava.