Information on a boat tour on the Drava
1. Route & duration
- You can choose from one of our stage suggestions.
- The duration of the tour depends on the chosen stage and your speed; the stages listed are only suggestions.
- Rest areas, boat harbours and inns can be found along the route.
2. Getting there & meeting point
- In the Upper and Lower Drava Valley (Lienz to Villach), we recommend travelling to the embarking point by train (ÖBB). The train stops beside our embarking and disembarking points.
- Otherwise, we can meet at the stipulated end of the stage; you can park your car here. We will transfer to the embarking point together in our bus.
3. Briefing & safety
- The briefing at the embarking point lasts 5-10 minutes.
- The material (boat, swim vests, paddles, watertight bag and river map) is then issued.
- All participants, without exception, must be able to swim.
4. Issue & return
- The boats are handed out at one of our embarking points.
- At the end of the stage, the boats are safely deposited upside down on the river bank; incidentals stowed underneath.
- The boats and incidentals will be picked up later by our staff.
- The tour ends here. You can travel home in your own car or by train.
Hire your boat, canoe, kayak or stand-up paddle board (SUP) here
Other embarking points on request