18 stages, 320 river kilometres, right through two countries. In its full stage of expansion, the Drava paddling route will lead from Lienz in East Tyrol to Ptuj in Slovenia. Along the route, there will be eight paddling centres as contact points for hire, courses and sales. Additionally, the twelve largest lakes – including Lake Faak, the Wörthersee, Lake Bled and Lake Bohinj – are being integrated into the Drava paddling route, which will give rise to a paddling paradise for water sports enthusiasts for all tastes. Our aim: to establish the Drava as one of Europe’s top canoeing regions. You can already paddle on the stages of the Drava paddling route between Lienz and Lavamünd.
What is planned?
- 1 river – 2 countries – 320 kilometres – 18 stages – 8 paddling centres
- 12 lakes – 2 countries – 160 kilometres – 12 stages – 12 paddling centres
- Paddling centres with hire, school and shop
- Information guidance system
- Comfortable embark and disembark
- Camp and rest areas
- Barrage infrastructure
- Bookable complete products